MEET MY CHARACTER
1. Tell us about your story:
o What is the name of your book?
o What genre is it?
· Paranormal thriller
o When and where is your tale set?
· Present day, south of England
2. Who are you?
o What is your name?
· Cassie Newbold
o Are you a fictional or historical character?
o What’s your role in the story – are you the protagonist or a supporting character?
o Are you a human, animal, alien, robot, or something completely different?
o Do you consider yourself to be good, bad, or indifferent? Would others agree with this assessment – why, or why not?
· I’m a good person. I try to do good. I am an instrument for people to talk to their family or friends who have passed over to the other side, so others tend to like me because I put their mind at rest.
3. What do we need to know about you?
o What is your personal goal? I mean, what do you ultimately want?
· To keep a balance in my life and not to let my gift rule everything I do.
o What is standing in your way? What conflict(s) do you face?
· Myself mainly. I am my own worst enemy. Ghosts are around us all the time - they constantly want to talk. When I touch something, I can be flooded with those who have gone before. I have to turn that off, pack it away, and not let it rule everything I do. When I was younger, I didn’t know how to control my gift, but with the help of my brother, Seb, and a special psychiatrist, I, now, know how to filter out the things I don’t want to know.
o Why is this goal important to you? What’s your motivation?
· When I was a teenager, I was in a very dark place because I couldn’t understand why I saw, heard, and felt things others don’t. It sent me to the brink of despair. I don’t want to go there again. This is important for me and helps me lead a healthier and happier life.
o If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be, and why?
· I often act on impulse, especially when I know I shouldn’t or have been warned not to. Sometimes, I just can’t help myself. Sometimes, this gets me into trouble, and leaves me wishing that I had done what I was told in the first place!
4. How do I get a copy of your book?
o Is it available now, or when can we expect to see it released?