MEET MY CHARACTER
1. Tell us about your story:
o What is the name of your book?
o What genre is it?
· I originally categorized it as woman’s literature, but men have been known to enjoy the fictional story. It’s a feel-good travel story.
o When and where is your tale set?
· The modern story starts off in Montreal (Canada) where the main character lives with her son. They embark on a cruise along the St-Laurence River which takes them all the way to the Magdalen Islands. On their way back, they explore Gaspe and Quebec City.
2. Who are you?
o What is your name?
o Are you a fictional or historical character?
· I am a fictional character.
o What’s your role in the story – are you the protagonist or a supporting character?
· I am the protagonist.
o Are you a human, animal, alien, robot, or something completely different?
· I am human
o Do you consider yourself to be good, bad, or indifferent? Would others agree with this assessment – why, or why not?
· I consider myself to be a good person and mother. My son thinks the world of me.
3. What do we need to know about you?
o What is your personal goal? I mean, what do you ultimately want?
· I want what every loving mother wants; for her child to be happy. My son James had been dreaming about seeing the ocean for a while so I decided to take him on a cruise.
o What is standing in your way? What conflict(s) do you face?
· Nothing is standing in my way per say, although I miss my deceased husband.
There are a few mishaps that happen in the story, but I don’t want to spoil it for the readers. ;)
o Why is this goal important to you? What’s your motivation?
· James associates the ocean with his father, whom he never met. I felt that fulfilling his dream to see the ocean would somehow help him connect with him. Also, I just really want to see him happy.
o If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be, and why?
· I have a hard time letting go of my deceased husband. He died of cancer when I was pregnant with James. Sometimes I feel it might be unhealthy, yet I want James to know whom his father was so continue to tell him stories and share pictures. I think my behavior affected James.
4. How do I get a copy of your book?
o Is it available now, or when can we expect to see it released?