WIPs and New Releases
1) Tell us about your book…
Ø Is this a WIP or a new release?
Ø Is it a standalone or an installment to a series or collection?
· It is the first book in the series
Ø What is the story about?
· A set of boy-girl twins realize their parents were amazing cops. After witnessing them in action, the Thornton Twins decide to become detectives to solve cases on their own.
2) What inspired this tale?
Ø How did you come up with the plot?
· I was speaking with my literary agent about getting into the realm of kids books. She told me to look into doing a mystery book for kids. The random thought came into my head to pick up a series I was just ending with a kid-friendly version set years after the original series ended.
Ø Did you have to research for this novel – if so, what, and why?
· Not really. I mostly had to read a few kid’s books to tailor my writing style.
3) Tell us about your character?
Ø Who is the main character?
· Joe and Stephanie Thornton.
Ø Joe is the boy everyone likes. He is friendly, popular, and has a way with the girls at school.
Ø Stephanie is more reserved, bookish, and analytical.
Ø Is your protagonist anything like you, personally?
o If yes, then how?
§ Surprisingly not. I think Joe is more like one of my brothers and Stephanie is more like my sister.
o If not, then how do you differ from one another?
§ I was never Mr. Popular and I was far from being analytical too. I think I am somewhere in the middle of the two personalities.
Ø What made you write this character; what made them important to you or made you want to tell their story?
· I’ve seen books written with two brothers, two sisters, or just one boy or one girl as the protagonist. I wanted a different spin on a younger mystery series by having twins who were also the products of two officers.
4) Is there anything specific that you want readers to know about this piece of work?
Nothing at this time.
5) How do we get a copy?
o Has the book already been published, or is it available for pre-order?
§ Not available yet. Expected October 2020
o Are you offering ARCs to beta readers – if you are, how do they contact you for a copy?
§ Email AuthorAndrewHess@gmail.com