WIPs and New Releases
1) Tell us about your book…
Ø Is this a WIP or a new release?
· New release – Escape (Detective Ryan Series Book 6)
Ø Is it a standalone or an installment to a series or collection?
Ø What is the story about?
· Detective Ali Ryan survived a kidnapping and torture. The woman responsible has gone into hiding. The life she once knew is gone. Her focus is to hunt her down, but a new case at her grandmother's retirement community threatens to derail her. Will Ali's new journey lead her to justice, or will her demons prevent her from moving on with her life?
2) What inspired this tale?
Ø How did you come up with the plot?
· I had decided early on in the series I wanted to make Detective Ali Ryan go through a lot of struggle and issues that impact her personal and professional life. When I wrote the 4th and 5th installments, I knew she needed to take a different path. I wanted to show her personality on more than just a cop level. She was a person who had real life trauma affect her so badly she needed to take off.
Ø Did you have to research for this novel – if so, what and why?
· Absolutely. For starters, I never lived in Florida before. That in itself I had to research different areas, restaurants, communities, and golf clubs just to make it feel authentic. I also looked into trauma and how people react.
Ø If you did research, what surprised you most to learn, and why do you think that was?
· Not much surprises me. I think being in the character’s mindset and how to write a reaction to something I never experienced was the surprise.
3) Tell us about your character?
Ø Who is the main character?
· Detective Ali Ryan. She is a hot shot detective from the Ulster County, New York area. In this book she has run away from her problems to Florida to live with her grandmother.
Ø Is your protagonist anything like you, personally?
o If yes, then how?
§ No, not at all.
o If not, then how do you differ from one another?
§ Ali Ryan is someone who doesn’t take any B.S. from anyone and will call people out on their stuff. I am much more reserved and think things through before I open my mouth.
Ø What made you write this character; what made them important to you or made you want to tell their story?
· I wanted a strong female lead to show that not only can a woman do anything, but they take on a lot more in life than people give them credit for. Women are strong, independent, smart, funny, and successful people who are also a force to be reckoned with.
4) Is there anything specific that you want readers to know about this piece of work?
the Detective Ryan Series gives you a unique perspective on police and the work they do. This series also takes you into the mindset of the killer as well. Each book does have a plot twist or cliffhanger ending, but you get a complete story with something to make you crave the next book.
5) How do we get a copy?
o Are you offering ARCs to beta readers – if you are, how do they contact you for a copy?
§ Email me at AuthorAndrewHess@gmail.com