WIPs and New Releases
1) Tell us about your work-in-progress, or WIP, as it’s known as in the industry or New Release…
Ø What is the story about?
· The story takes place in the 1800s, and it is about the hardships a priest, named Father McCray, went through to regain his lost soul.
· Father McCray signed a contract with the devil and in exchange, Lucifer stopped the raping and murdering of the people of his small town by the Smith outlaw gang. Evil Rides With The Wind is about the journey McCray undertook and the daily battles he had to fight with the outlaws he was seeking as well as the struggles he had to fight within himself.
Ø Who is the main character?
2) What inspired this tale?
Ø How did the story come to you?
· I liked role Peter Fonda's played in the Ghost Rider movies, so I thought I would create what I felt his role would be in the old west setting.
Ø Did you have to research for this novel, and if so, why?
· In Evil Rides With The Wind 2, I did do a little research because in Evil 2, Father McCray is fighting some of Lucifer's strongest demons that had gone rogue. I used the names given to demons by people from the past, and I tried to use some wording of rituals that would be used to cast demons back to Hell's gates to give it more of a real feeling for the reader.
Ø If you did research, what do you think surprised you most to learn, and why?
· How long the demons’ names were and what their part was in the dark lord's army.
3) Do you relate to your character?
Ø Is your protagonist anything like you personally?
· Yes, in some ways.
Ø If yes, then how?
· I think most authors can relate to the characters in their stories. Let’s face it, we create them in our minds, and we often look at our characters and the situation there in, saying, "What would I do if I was you?"
· In McCray's position, well, I think all of us would do what was necessary to protect those close to us.
Ø What made you write this character; what made them important to you or made you want to tell their story?
· I wanted to create a moral character who was strong with his faith but had such love for his townspeople that he was willing to sacrifice himself to ensure they were safe. This character had to be strong enough to stand up to Lucifer even though Lucifer owned his soul as he fulfilled his contract with him.
4) Is there anything you, specific, want readers to know about this piece of work?
Even though this story is pure fiction, I had fun creating the personalities of the characters. I especially had fun creating a humorous side to Lucifer as Father McCray tested his patience.
5) When will the novel be available for purchase?
Ø If yes, do you have a link available for buying it?
· Available now on Amazon