MEET MY CHARACTER
1. Who are you?
o What is your name?
· Ashday’s Child.
o Are you a fictional or historical character?
o What should we know about you?
· I’m 73 years old, and have been described as resembling a tramp. I’m a field agent for an environmental group, called WorldSave. Secretly, we’re a guerilla group with access to an incredible phenomenon, known as the Timeshaft, which connects the ages from the very beginning of time in the past, to the very end in the far future.
· Modesty forbids me from saying I’m their best field agent, but you’ll quickly see when my story begins that I very definitely am.
· Although I’m the main character in Timeshaft, readers first came across me in Stewart Bint’s novella, Malfunction, which came out a year before Timeshaft. And although a second novella which was published shortly after Malfunction, bears my name (yes, it’s called Ashday’s Child), I don’t actually feature in it, but it tells you about my origins. Confused? No, don’t be. Everything’s explained in Timeshaft. And while I’d love you to read absolutely everything you can about me, please don’t waste your money on Malfunction or Ashday’s Child, as their stories are told word for word in Timeshaft. Malfunction forms the first chapter, and Ashday’s Child is chapter 6.
2. Tell us about your story:
o When and where is your tale set?
· Now you’re asking! You first meet me in Australia in the year 2345, but then you find me in London 1994, as well as a brief stopover in an undetermined place and time, before heading back to London in the 17th Century. I’m then stranded millions of years in the future, right at the very end of, not only the world, but the sun itself – you’ll love how my genius gets us all back to where I call home, Scotland in the year 2745. Oh, and you’re also there at my birth in London on December 25th 1627.
o What is your personal goal? I mean, what do you ultimately want?
· I need to bring a set of time paradoxes full circle to ensure the safety of Earth. I thrive on the fact that I’m really the only person who knows what the hell’s going on. Then that rug is unceremoniously pulled from under me!
o What is standing in your way? What conflict(s) do you face?
· Only my own fallibility at first. I have to tread the minefields of time extremely carefully as I pose the question to myself “Do our actions as time travellers change what would otherwise have happened, or is everything already laid down in a predetermined plan?” But then, stranded in a desolate and dangerous far future I start to feel my age. And none of my lifetime of time travelling can reverse that.
3. How do I get a copy of your book?
o What is the title or working title for this piece?
o Is it available now or when can we expect to see it released?
· It’s available now, published by Dragon Moon Press.
· Amazon.com link: https://www.amazon.com/Timeshaft-Stewart-Bint/dp/1988256259