MEET MY CHARACTER
1. Who are you?
a. What is your name?
· Shelly Cervantez, reporter
b. Are you a fictional or historical character?
· Well, I’m not friggin’ Napoleon.
o What should we know about you?
· You’ve probably seen me on TV already, right? I do all the major reporting on the Strawberries killer. Before that, I was fetching coffee for men who didn’t know my name.
2. Tell us about your story:
o When and where is your tale set?
· Wherever the story takes me. You see, and this is totally off the record, I know who he is. Strawberries, I mean. I know his real name. I’ve even met him! I’m going to find him and get the scoop of the century.
o What is your personal goal? I mean, what do you ultimately want?
· I am not stopping until the Pulitzer is on my mantle. It is an actual trophy, right?
o What is standing in your way? What conflict(s) do you face?
· I’ve just got to find him before that damn Agent Bland does. I’ve been shadowing him, ‘cuz that’s my best bet I think, but I have this feeling that he may be right around the corner. I find him, and I convince him that an interview is his best play. Easy!
3. How do I get a copy of your book?
o What is the title or working title for this piece?
o Is it available now or when can we expect to see it released?
· Available right now!