WIPs and New Releases
1) Tell us about your work-in-progress, or WIP, as it’s known as in the industry or New Release…
Ø What is the story about?
· Steve Regan, undercover detective, is tempted by the riches of drug smuggling so he can be free of debt and petty police bureaucracy. He does one deal, which backfires, and he is shot and left for dead by Bill Morris, a Canadian drug lord, but recovers in time to track down Bill, who is about to murder a judge.
Ø Who is the main character?
· Steve Regan, British undercover detective
2) What inspired this tale?
Ø How did the story come to you?
· It is a spin-off from my bestselling memoir, ‘Undercover: Operation Julie – The Inside Story.’
Ø Did you have to research for this novel and if so, why?
· No, owing to my experiences as an undercover cop on one of the world’s largest and most famous drug busts.
3) Do you relate to your character?
Ø Is your protagonist anything like you personally?
· That would be telling! I will say “yes”, but that isn’t true. He is a “mouthpiece” for me in telling one aspect of the story. There is a temptation to go “rogue” if you work deep undercover, and take on another completely different personality.
Ø What made you write this character; what made them important to you or made you want to tell their story?
· This is partly answered above.
· I also wanted to fantasize or fictionalize about two real characters I met while working undercover.
4) Is there anything you specific want readers to know about this piece of work?
Yes, if they read my memoir, they will know two of the real characters who I was involved with over a huge cocaine importation plan. But, remember this is fiction, not fact – faction, I guess?
5) When will the novel be available for purchase?
Hopefully by October 2017.