1) What is the title of your book?
The Ghost Illusion.
Ø What is the story about?
· The Ghost Illusion is the story of what can happen as a result of serious childhood trauma.
Ø Who is the main character?
· Again, I think there is more than one character struggling to be heard.
· Bradley Lawson suffered an unthinkable loss as a boy.
· Dr. Carl Flescher suffered a serious assault.
· And DI Ruby Delpiero has to race against time to stop further tragedy.
2) What inspired this tale?
Ø How did the story come to you?
· The idea of ‘what if’ is important to me.
· What are the consequences of a series of events to those around people?
· Again, the age old ‘good vs evil’ story.
Ø Did you have to research for this novel, and if so, why?
· I did have to research a rarer psychiatric condition, but no spoilers!!
Ø If you did research, what do you think surprised you most to learn and why?
· I was surprised by the simple, clean lines of the disorder, and the often traumatic consequences for the sufferer.
3) Do you relate to your character?
Ø Is your protagonist anything like you personally?
· Yes and no, because while I would want justice to be done, I like to think I would have much more sympathy for the killer, who is also a victim.
Ø What made you write this character; were they based on a real person or something that inspired you?
ü What should readers know about this character?
o She’s a feisty woman who seeks justice for the families of the killer’s victims. She’s divorced and has a teenage daughter, whom she adores, but sometimes bangs heads with, which is as much like real life as I could make.
ü Why is this character important to you?
She is a strong female lead, which appeals to me.
Ø Do you consider the main character of your story to be good or bad, and why?
· I think Ruby is essentially good, but maybe needs to have more empathy with this killer because he’s a victim too.
Ø What’s the objective of your character?
· Her sole objective is justice.
4) Is there anything you specific want readers to know about this piece of work?
I’d like the reader to keep an open mind on the killer. He is a victim too.
Ø Is there a particular idea or morale you are trying to convey?
ü If yes, then what and why?
o The fact that there can be so much more to a situation than first appears.
5) Is this novel a standalone?
This is the first, and only, DI Ruby Delpiero novel, but if a reader told me they loved her, I would write more. I’m sure I could find another killer for her to hunt down.
6) Where can readers connect with you and purchase your book?
The Ghost Illusion can be downloaded here – http://mybook.to/theghostillusion.
If you like it, remember to leave a review. Your review lets the author know all their hard work and sleepless nights have been worth it!
I can be found on twitter sharing mostly my books and other people’s funny tweets – twitter.com/@Denmanisfab or on Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Kerry-Watts-1643960159262118/