MEET MY CHARACTER
1. Who are you?
o What is your name?
· Blake, private investigator
o Are you a fictional or historical character?
o What should we know about you?
· I’m a former cop, now all-but washed up detective. I smoke, drink, and cuss on occasions. I hate guns and black licorice. I’m allergic to most pain medications. My secretary is constantly getting me into trouble with the law. Oh yeah, and I receive psychic flashes from victims who beg me to solve their murders, during which I repeatedly see – and personally experience – their deaths. (Yeah, it’s almost as much fun as it sounds.)
2. Tell us about your story:
o When and where is your tale set?
· Chicago 1979
o What is your personal goal? I mean, what do you ultimately want?
· To catch a killer before I’m tagged with his crimes – or die reliving them.
o What is standing in your way? What conflict(s) do you face?
· Fate conspiring with destiny to do me dirt. Read that: Mounting murders, each looking as if I might have committed them (coupled with the joy of suffering the victims’ deaths), and a hateful homicide detective willing to pin them on me.
3. How do I get a copy of your book?
o What is the title or working title for this piece?
· ‘Red Herrings Can’t Swim’ (A Nod Blake Mystery)
o Is it available now or when can we expect to see it released?
· Look for it, in paperback and Kindle editions, in mid June 2017 on Amazon.
Get Book 1 in the series while you wait!