MEET MY CHARACTER
1. Who are you?
o What is your name?
· Call me Rook. No, I’m not telling you my real name. I don’t like it. I’m not that guy. And nobody calls me that—take that back, a few people do, but if I could stop them, I would.
o Are you a fictional or historical character?
o What should we know about you?
· I’m a were-crow. I know most people call people like me ‘shapeshifters’ or ‘shapechangers,’ but I like the term ‘were-crow’—to me, it just has a nice ring to it. And it’s not like I understand how it works. I just know I can do it.
· I’m also a damn good hacker, if I do say so myself, good enough to get the attention of one of the biggest underworld powers on the East Coast.
· And lately things are changing. I’m not sure what’s happening to me, but I’m pretty sure I don’t like it.
2. Tell us about your story:
o When and where is your tale set?
· I’ve been sent all over the States for jobs. But if you’re looking for a history lesson, you’re asking the wrong guy. I’m more the ‘live-in-the-moment’ kind. My current ‘when’ is 2010. My current ‘where’ is my hometown of Philly. And I think I’d be taking my life in my hands to tell you where I’m holed up in more detail.
o What is your personal goal? I mean, what do you ultimately want?
· World peace. Oh, you weren’t joking. So barring that, I guess, I think my goal is just to live to see tomorrow. This business of being a professional criminal is dangerous, and I tend to not make big plans for my future because I never really know if I’ll have one.
o What is standing in your way? What conflict(s) do you face?
· More than I know. Oh, I know some of it—the cops, some old enemies, to name a few—but beyond that, I know there’s more stuff between me and victory, but what that ‘stuff’ is, I don’t even know where to start. All I know for sure is that I’m out of my element and out of my depth.
3. How do I get a copy of your book?
o What is the title or working title for this piece?
ROOK was introduced to us in Book One of the CRIMINAL ELEMENTS series, PLAYING WITH FIRE, starring protagonists Stone and Renee.
o Is it available now or when can we expect to see it released?
· It’s available for pre-order now and will be fully released on March 30, 2017.